Humint Events Online: The Iran Chessgame

Friday, September 22, 2006

The Iran Chessgame

Billmon has some worthy thoughts on the topic with which I largely agree. The two things I would add are:
1) the possibility of a falseflag nuclear attack on the US that can be used as jusitifcation for all out war on Iran. I view this as remote.
2) the possibility that the tensions with Iran are largely a game being played between two overt enemies but covert allies. In other words, all the talk of hitting Iran, all the hints being bandied about are merely for domestic right-wing consumption, and that nothing will be done. I still view this as most likely, and this is what I actually hope this is the case, as a real war with Iran would be a horrible world-wide disaster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger