Humint Events Online: The Internet Has Ruined Literature, Or Something

Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Internet Has Ruined Literature, Or Something

I tend to agree with this post about reading long novels these days. I simply don't have the patience for long, rambling literature. Even if parts are good and enjoyable, eventually you get to "what's the point?" Why do these guys go on for sooo long?

I suppose it could be a matter of attention span (my lack of), but I vastly prefer the internet where you can scan around and find what you want to read and then quickly skim it to see whether it is worth reading. I really like articles that come to the point quickly or that at least let you know where the piece is going. I just don't have time or patience to read most long articles-- much less long novels!

But part of it is that knowing about 9/11 and deeper conspiracies has made me really impatient with a lot of bullshit, and frankly, kind of cranky about a lot of superficial stuff people typically write about.

1 Comments:

Blogger nolocontendere said...

Agree completely.
It's possible the internet has actually changed the way we go about processing the world at large. I get amused at people who still think being online means believing lies and getting misled, when the mere fact of websurfing forces you to develop a fine sense of discernment.
I don't even think I could read a novel right now.
Reality is so horrifyingly interesting I can't put it down, so to speak.

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger